Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:Image full time, s:
We want our customers to sell their records without worries and our aim is therefore to deliver a more than acceptable commercial quality. Several different QCs are performed before, during and after the pressing of the records. Since all steps of the manufacturing process take place under the same roof, it's easy to discover where any eventual issue arises from, and fix it accordingly
Raising energy costs and environmental impact of vinyl records are imposing an always more efficient and energy-saving manufacturing process. Like other pressing plants, we have set some quantity- and colour- restrictions in order to keep the products as standardized as possible and start reducing their environmental impact
Click the tab of your interest to get important info before ordering and submitting your files.
Around 26 minutes at 33 rpm
Around 13 minutes at 45 rpm
Around 5 minutes at 45 rpm
Around 8 minutes at 33 rpm
Please mind the fact that:
- the longer the side is, the lower the recording volume will be
- in case of extremely long sides, some parameters of the sound might be adjusted a little (e.g. sub-bass frequencies, stereo width...) - these adjustments are applied in order to achieve the best possible signal to noise ratio and, being the groove very thin, minimize its variations of width in order to make it trackable by most turntables
1. Go to Shop -> User account
2. If you are a registered user, just type your username and password, otherwise click "Create an account"
3. The details of an user account can be changed anytime
4. IMPORTANT: the "Country" field in the "Billing address" box is a crucial field, because it determines whether your profile will be handled as professional or private by the system when calculating bills.
To register a professional user profile, select the "Country" field with "VAT nr." written after the country name, and enter a valid VAT nr. in the corresponding field.
Almost all EU and non EU countries with this attribute are listed at the bottom of the dropdown list of countries
1. Go to Shop -> 7" and 12"
2. Choose the record format, colour, and quantity range among the various listed
3. Click "choose variant"
4. Select the attributes you want to add (e.g. printed innersleeves/covers, shrink-wrapping etc.)
5. Unit price will be updated accordingly
6. Enter the exact number of units you want to be manufactured (note: it has to be equal or higher than the lower limit of the q.ty range you have selected. E.g.: if you have selected 300x12", you may enter 350, but not 250)
7. Visually check the resume of the product's attributes and quantity, then click "Add to cart"
8. Choose between "Go to checkout" or "Continue shopping".
If you went to checkout, a resuming page will be shown, displaying the overall price of your ordered products, with/without tax (VAT).
9. You will then have to log in (if not logged in yet), review and confirm the order, and select the shipping and payment methods.
If your account is registered as a professional account (e.g. the "Country" field in your profile is "Germany (with VAT)") , then the system will add no VAT to the overall amount, otherwise 22% Italian VAT will be added.
10. We will be notified about your order and will inspect it. You will receive an orderconfirmation from us if everything is OK, otherwise we'll get in touch with you in order to arrange the necessary changes to be applied.
11. Please note that a deposit of the 50% of the overall amount is required in order to take the manufacturing in charge and schedule its date of production.
1. First of all, organize files properly. Create one folder and name it with the catalogue number of your record. Then create two sub-folders, named "(cat.no) Master" and "(cat.no) Artwork". Copy the masters and the artwork into their respective folders
2. Create a short .txt or .rtf file with a brief resume of your order, or simply copy the screenshot of the order confirmation created in the Shop, and put it into the main folder
3. Pack the main folder to a .zip or .rar file
4. Go to http://phonopress.wetransfer.com and upload the packed file you've just created.
1. Suppose you want to press a 2x500 LP
2. Select 500x12" (black or coloured)
3. Choose Innersleeves, Cover (standard or gatefold) and eventually shrink-wrapping as add-ons
4. Browse products again
5. Select 500x12" (black or coloured) again
6. This time, choose only "Innersleeves" as add-ons
7. Go to checkout
8. You will find record 1 and 2 on two different rows. Overall 1000 records, including cutting, metalwork, and labels (4 sides), 1000 innersleeves, and only 500 covers and - eventually - 500 shrink-wrappings
With this procedure you can also set up your product so that it has 2 different colours (record 1 and record 2).
Given the fact that the weight of the records isn't a crucial aspect to determine their quality at all, our records are solid (12"s: 160g - 7"s: 50g) and their weight has been adjusted after many years of experience in order to achieve the best possible compromise between an accurate pressing and a flat and solid record. In fact, from a technical point of view, these two aspects don't go always towards the same direction.
Minimum pressing for 1st pressings: 300 pieces per colour
Minimum pressing for represses: 500 pieces per colour
Limited coloured editions (intended as small parts of a single pressing): not accepted
Some examples (for 1st pressings):
300 black -> OK
300 coloured -> OK
300 black + 300 coloured -> OK
200 black + 100 coloured -> NO
200 coloured + 100 black -> NO